1967 Hurst GP Convertible one of 3. I need help.

Have just bought a 1967 GP Convertible. One of 3 made for the Hurst Campbell Corp. One was wrecked, this car and one more that has an unknown origin at this time. Owned by George Hursts Secretary from whom I have a letter helping to establish a chain of ownership to the owner from whom I purchased the car from. I need any and all help I can get to find extra parts, technical information and support on Pontiacs for this year model. I have the build sheet, protecto plate issued to the Hurst Campbell Corp and the information from Pontiac Historical Services. The car is correct as to vin etc and matched to the information that I possess. The car had a 376hp 428HO motor that was stolen while car was in the body shop for a restoration that really never got started. There it sat and now in storage after a lot of neglect. The car is very complete except for the engine including the Hurst signature wheels. I have some leads on some motors and components but am not quite there with all the correct components. Any and all help would be appreciated as far as tech support, motors or motor parts and extra stuff that I am sure that I may need as I get into this project.

Thanks in advance. Mike Pemberton mike@discbrakemike.com or 510-501-6299

If you are not a member of POCI it may be a good idea for you to join. There will be technical experts who know your car and owners of '67 GP convertibles who will be glad to share information with you. You can go DetriotIron.com and buy a cd with all of the shop manuals for your car on it, although I personally prefer the paper copies and they can be had on ebay.

The performanceyears.com website bulletin board can be excellent.

Regarding the engine they are out there but be careful. If you don't see it yourself and if it hasn't been magnafluxed I would be very wary of buying it. I personally have been bitten twice in the past two years buying old Pontiac blocks

and recently talked to a fellow from Canada who has been bitten three times; they didn't turn out to be what they had been represented to be or they were cracked.

Good luck, Pontiacs are great cars.

Guest Jonne-King

I can ask my husband what he knows about this car also as we ahve a 67 hard top maybe he might know something of what you need

i do know that a couple of years ago we went to idaho to get parts for ours i will see if i can find the link to the site and maybe he might parts that you can use

Jonne King

oregon

dreamerscloud@msn.com

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Have already started some of the things you have suggested and will pursure the others.

Will post from time to time reguarding the progress.

I know that some of these parts may be unobtainium but have faith that there a lot of honest people out there that would like to see this car resurrected.

Thanks again,

Mike Pemberton