could anyone tell me where the icm is at 89 reatta

Guest Bobby Valines

Guest wayne2reattas

Bobby,

If you are standing in front of the car look to the back of the radiator cap. You will see where the plug wires attach to the coil packs. It is under the coil packs.

Just a little more info. The ICM is indeed below the coil pack. However, while the coil pack and the ICM are two different components, the two are connected together by a number of wires. These wires can be seen when the two parts are separated. Just note where each wire goes before removing the connections. As an aside. If you are replacing the ICM, I would go ahead and replace the coil pack as well.

Guest Bobby Valines

just got back from changing it thanks for the help made a big difference it still semes like it has a slite hesataion just from the take off or like its weak just from the start do you think it will take awile for the comp. to see the new part or maby somthing else reading this form is what told me about the icm this place has been nothing but help for me thanks agan

Bobby:

There could be other factors at work than just a bad coil pack and ICM. By the way did you replace the coil pack? Some other items to inspect, the spark plug wires and plugs. If they look old and otherwise worn, replace them. It's not too pricey and half of the plugs are easy to do. The other half next to the firewall, get ready to cuss. It can never hurt to have a fresh set of plugs. Other problems could be sensor issues, bad or dirty injectors. The list goes on. Check the plug wires and plugs first.