1932-33 Flying Cloud Convertible

Steve Braverman

Does anyone have one of these? I'm restoring a Franklin Olympic, which is basically the same car, and I'd like to photograph a REO. I also need a top assembly for the car, so I'll probably need to fabricate the irons (unless somebody has an extra one sitting around).

Actually there is an Olympic convertible in the museum in Tuscon, and there are several others floating about. I am interested in seeing a REO, just because I've never seen one before. There may be more Olympics than Flying Clouds.

• 2 years later...
Guest REO&packard

Steve,

I know that REO build very, very, very few.... I have only ever heard of one in my time involved with REO's. Check With the REO CLUB OF AMERICA they have contact information to club members for info on issues like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve From what you're saying as to being exact cars they used the same body styles as well.

What I'm asking is they used the same body manufacturer as Briggs and Murray bodies.

So if I'm looking for parts for a REO, I can look for parts for a Franklin as well, and be satisfied

that the parts will be same. The reason I'm asking is that I've been looking for Winshield rubber for a 29 REO FC; plus other items for my REO and parts are almost non existant. Thank you

• 4 months later...
Guest REO&packard
Only the Olympic model was built mostly by Reo. So the only Reo to share Franklin parts is the 1933-34 Flying Cloud.

The REO body that is shared with the Olympic would be the 1932 and 1933 Flying Cloud S and S-2. In 1934 REO changed it for 1934 and 1935 only to redesign it one last time for 1936 (with some overlap in 35 with the 6A and then the 6D), the last year for a REO car.

Edited by REO&packard (see edit history)