FS: 1960's Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg Prints

For Sale: Numbered and Signed Set of three, Auburn, Cord, and Duesenberg prints.

Framed and Sealed, <span style="text-decoration: underline">Signed and Numbered by the original artist</span>.

Details:

Each print measures 2 feet wide by 1½ feet high.

Each print is signed by the artist, { Don Caton }, and each

is numbered: 15 (Set Number 15). It's either "15" or "1 of 5", otherwise I have no clue.

Each car is depicted in approximately 1:12 Scale.

NOTE: the diecast model in the picture is 1:24 Scale, placed there to show a size-comparison with the prints; the diecast model is not included with the prints.

The car proportions, paint, and chrome effects are realistic and correctly executed.

Condition: Prints have been in sealed frames since given to the first owner, have not been removed or opened since. No damage. Some slight scratches to red wooden frames is noted, but is not very obvious.

Cars depicted:

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #CC0000">1935 Auburn S/C 851 Speedster in “crimson” red</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3333FF">1937 Cord S/C 812 Sportsman in “royal” blue</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #33CC00">1933 Duesenberg Model J Tourster by Derham in “Murphy green”</span></span>

<span style="text-decoration: underline">Background of these prints</span>:

These prints were commissioned by AVCO-Motorcoaches in the 1960's and sent to AVCO Aerostructures in Nashville Tennessee, as farewell gifts for retiring executives in the late 1960's and early 1970's.

The artist, Don Caton, is from Detroit Michigan, a famous car-rendering artist and car collector. Surely known to many of you here.

No other signed-and-numbered Set has surfaced to my knowledge. I am aware of poster-like reproductions, but none in matte paper like these, certainly none signed and numbered by Caton himself.

The business card of the original recipient of these prints, Mr. Ted Franklin, (an Avco-Aerostructures employee/retiree, and VP of Industrial Relations) is included with the prints as proof of provenance.

Price for the Set is $3,500. and includes insured delivery by UPS to continental USA.

Payment: I will accept Paypal for your protection but only if you add 3% to the price. Paypal consumes 3% of any money I receive through them.

About me:

I am a car collector and enthusiast. I have owned these prints for the last 17 years. Ted was a friend of mine and I got the prints from his family after his passing. I own two Jaguars. I need the money to rebuild a 3.8 XK engine.

Jose M.

post-56676-143137982269_thumb.jpg