Looking for help identifying....33/34 Dodge/Plymouth coupe

Looking for some assistance in "correctly" identifying this car (body/chassis)I have...

I was told...that it is a 33 Dodge....but some tell me 34 Dodge(because of the dash)...others Plymouth 5 window coupe.

The current title(33 Dodge) shows a fairly long VIN....but cannot find it anywhere on the body/chassis...

There is a plate w/ stamped #s on the firewall....and a serial # on the B pillar (9326166)

The body/frame + parts are currently for sale....

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ash...

Guest imported_Bill-W

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A Mcclymont</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for some assistance in "correctly" identifying this car (body/chassis)I have...

I was told...that it is a 33 Dodge....but some tell me 34 Dodge(because of the dash)...others Plymouth 5 window coupe.

The current title(33 Dodge) shows a fairly long VIN....but cannot find it anywhere on the body/chassis...

There is a plate w/ stamped #s on the firewall....and a serial # on the B pillar (9326166)

The body/frame + parts are currently for sale....

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ash...

</div></div>

The serial number on the B pillar is your car's serial number - best number to use to identify a car.

9326166 falls into the sequence 9321911 to 9326544, which makes your car a late production 1934 Plymouth model PE. And it was built in Windsor, Ontario.

What is on the tag on the firewall?

What number is on the title?

The engine number is stamped on the left side of the frame above the front spring (usually the rear hanger). If you have the engine, the engine number should be on the left side of the block at the front.

The 1933 and 1934 cars had the serial number plate attached to the B pillar as they had "suicide" front doors and the B pillar was the hinge pillar. Cars with the hinges for the front doors mounted on the A pillar, the serial number plate was mounted on the A pillar.

Bill

Vancouver, BC

Thanks to those who took the time to reply... smile.gif

The doors are mounted suicide...and the serial # tag is on the pass side B pillar.

Numbers (stamped) on the firewall tag are 246 and PEBCPE

The VIN listed on the ownership has 17 characters and starts with ASDO2.....and given as model PDB.

I would assume that the car is too far gon for a restoration (missing fenders, R/Boards and grille) do have the hood/sides tho.

Thanks again.

Ash...

post-56604-143137982135_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Bill-W

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A Mcclymont</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks to those who took the time to reply... smile.gif

The doors are mounted suicide...and the serial # tag is on the pass side B pillar.

Numbers (stamped) on the firewall tag are 246 and PEBCPE

The VIN listed on the ownership has 17 characters and starts with ASDO2.....and given as model PDB.

I would assume that the car is too far gon for a restoration (missing fenders, R/Boards and grille) do have the hood/sides tho.

Thanks again.

Ash...

</div></div>

The "PEBCPE" is the model number - PE (1934 Plymouth DeLuxe Six) and BCPE - Business Coupe.

"246" is either for body number (246th PE Business Coupe built) or the Paint No. I do not have Canadian paint codes prior to 1937. Originally the tag was black with "Model No", "Body No", etc., on it.

The number on the title appears to be a number issued by some state or provincial motor vehicle department. Probably did not know where to look for the serial number on the car or did not accept the fact it could be less than 17 digits in length.

Bill

Vancouver, BC