T6 timing gears

Juha Paavo Kaita

Guest yonahrr

I had one timing gear (crank) made for my 1914 4 cylinder by Stine Gear in SC. It cost half what the usual gear guys wanted. The gear was excellent. He said it was a very old profile on the gear and that it was seldom used. If you make a whole new set you can update the gears to a modern profile and save money. If the '26 Model G has an inline 6 with a valve cover that's basically a dust cover then I have a junker 6 cyl motor in a junker chassis if you're interested. I sell the complete chassis for a what I have in it--$300.00

Jerry

Jerry,

"If you make a whole new set you can update the gears to a modern profile and save money." That is very good point! These kinds of advices make forums very enjoyable and useful. Thank you very much!

Where do you have the junker chassis? When I visit my friend in Pennsylvania I could come up to take a look. I am very interested in buying the chassis. Do you have any photos of it? You could sent the photos to my email.

Best wishes

Juha Kaitanen

Guest yonahrr

The chassis is in Cleveland GA 80 miles north of Atlanta. I can email pictures. Delivery may be possible. I have a buddy who delivers machinery up and down the East coast.

Jerry