Continenetal 17E engine

Juha Paavo Kaita

Hi!

A friend of mine has remains of Reo Model 15 Flying Cloud from 1930 - at least we think so at the moment. According to records the car should be equipped with Continental 16 E or 19 E engine. My friend has found making like 17E distributor base. Could it be so that the original engine broke down and they took engine from some other vehicle? Can anyone of you tell where they used Continental 17 E engine or did they produce such engine at all? Where can you locate the engine serial number? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes from Turku, Finland

Juha Kaitanen

Hi!

A friend of mine has remains of Reo Model 15 Flying Cloud from 1930 - at least we think so at the moment. According to records the car should be equipped with Continental 16 E or 19 E engine. My friend has found making like 17E distributor base. Could it be so that the original engine broke down and they took engine from some other vehicle? Can anyone of you tell where they used Continental 17 E engine or did they produce such engine at all? Where can you locate the engine serial number? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes from Turku, Finland

Juha Kaitanen