FS - 1954 66R 2 DR HT CENTURY

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

1954 66R Buick Century, original black plate California car I bought and had shipped to Georgia where it is now. Buick reintroduced the Century in ’54 and this was the bankers hotrod of the day with the same 200 HP engine as the Roadmaster. The 54 Century’s are a little hard to find since there were only about 45,000 produced, compared to around 71,000 Specials. This car came with Dynaflow, power steering and brakes as well as a selectronic (wonderbar) radio. The car is complete and ready for a full restoration which a car of this caliber deserves. It runs and drives around in the yard. No brakes so can’t be taken out on the road. The drivers side window glass is cracked but the rest of the glass (EZEYE) is in very good condition with very little fogging. The engine has a knock in it when idling but goes away when reved so not sure what it is. Tranny has clear red fluid and moves the car forward and back in the yard fine. All the lights work. Radio hums. Every original 54 I have ever had has had thin paint and this car was no exception. There is lots of surface rust and some rust through. It will require front floor and toe boards, rocker panels, rear quarter panels right in front of the rear wheels and spare tire well bottom. It is also missing the two inside front door panels. As I said however, this car is a very good candidate for and is very much worthy of a full restoration. I have lots of pictures and can take more of anything needed. Asking $2,154. Thanks for looking and if you love 54’s let’s talk.

Lamar

post-32987-143137975618_thumb.jpg

post-32987-143137975636_thumb.jpg

post-32987-143137975653_thumb.jpg

post-32987-14313797567_thumb.jpg

post-32987-143137975687_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 29 tourer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well my German is not that good, but does this mean another export ?? </div></div>

Neither is mine and I sure hope that translates out to what I was trying to say instead of "Friendly Germans make love to sold Buicks" or something. crazy.gif

But yea, looks like the ever declining value of the U.S dollar is giving Europeans a field day for buying up all our classics. But actually I couldn't have asked for either of the two cars to have gone to better folks.

Uh, what was the name of your shipper again. (so I can be sure and warn this guy) wink.gifgrin.gif

Guest El_Diablo

Me not English speak. wink.gif

Mary Jane will learn German in the future, until then Lamar gives her a good home. smile.gif

AND: Lamar has promised me to dance on my wedding. grin.gifgrin.gif I have to buy a good camera to record it!! Your German is good, it will be enough to order a Bier, a Bretzel or a Weisswurst with Sauerkraut. grin.gif

That shipper only works out of Australia, so the new owner will not encounter them --- I hope !! shocked.gif

The actual company that "shipped" it on the ocean and receival warehouse were actually quite good, just the freight forwarder was the problem. mad.gifmad.gif

The container packers in L.A. could have done a much better job of stacking and securing Irene. But still , at least she was not damaged.

post-41457-143137977905_thumb.jpg

post-41457-143137977912_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

Jan, I bet Gracie is gonna want to know who the heck is this tramp. So just how much are you going to "Customize" her.

Rooster, I believe you told me there was a Jaguar parked underneath Irene for the trip and that some of the pine lumber blocking broke?

Yep, an E-Type Jaguar. One of the pine supports snapped (surprise , surprise !!) and put a dent in it's roof.

The owner was not happy and I don't blame him. Although it could have been worse. Another 2 inches forward and the windscreen would have smashed and the frame bent badly.

It was only about the size of a CD so an easy fix for a body repair shop.

Guest El_Diablo

Mary Jane will get a custom interior, modern technical features (engine, computerbased driving assists, etc.), lowered,... I assume, it could take years and need a lot of money...

54buickhardtop_01.jpg

2399754874_2fb96dda9d_o.jpg

Ken, you got a very nice Roadmaster! I was surprised that Lamar would let her go. This is Irene before Lamar put his hands on her: grin.gif

1954BuickRoadmasterRiviera-bge_a-4.jpg

1954BuickRoadmasterRiviera-bge_a-3.jpg

1954BuickRoadmasterRiviera-bge_a-2.jpg

1954BuickRoadmasterRiviera-bge_a-1.jpg

1954BuickRoadmasterRiviera-bge_amp_.jpg