Vehicle Classification 1969 Camaro

Guest Billy McKee

Guest Billy McKee

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I have a question on vehicle classification.I have a 1969 SS Camaro with a L48 4V 350cid 300 hp engine that I would like to start having judged in AACA shows.I would like to enter under the "Factory High Performance" class 36-b 1957 to 1969 Chevrolet & Oldsmobile. In the new 2008 rule book I see two listings it might qualify for."1967-69 Camaro 4V with Hi Po 327cid (300hp)and all Z/28 models" or "1969 Camaro 4V with (LT-1) 350cid". Only problem is that neither classification is correct for a 1969 Camaro. The 327cid motor was only avalible for 1967 and 1968 Camaros, it was replaced by the 307cid 200hp engine in 1969 and was only 275hp in the Camaro for 67 and 68.

On the other classification the LT-1 engine was not avail. until 1970.The highest hp engine in 69 w/350cid was the 300hp L48.

Here is a link from the Camaro Research group to support this.

http://www.camaros.org/engine.shtml#CamaroEngines

I am new to th AACA and this forum and don't want to ruffle any feathers, but beleive these classifications need to be changed.Is there a process to petion for this ?

I would think my car would qualify for class 36-b if it was worded correctly.

Respectfuly

Billy McKee

Guest boettger

Billy,

I agree with you that the LT-1 engine did not appear until the 190 model year. You should contact Joe Vicini, VP Class Judging for a ruling on your cars eligibility in class 36G.

This would not be the first mistake or oversight in the judging manual. Joe's contact information can be found in the contact us tab at the top of the page. Joe's very knowledgable in GM products.

Guest Billy McKee

boettger,

Thanks for the reply, being new around here I didn't know how to address it.I will contact Joe Vicini.

Thank You

Billy