Ultimate Cost to HotRod

Its most of what I talk about. ..<P>Price and package, the good part of the Reatta. Good 4 wheel discs, better than average stock sound system, lights, mag rims, chrome. . .<P>Anyways whats a reasonable amount to spend on a brand New Northstar (i think the newer ones run on reg. unleaded) tranny, and additional ECM for the Northstar?<P>I think its cheaper than going out and getting another sportscar with the exception of the Feiro but a Fiero is a small car and still not cheap. From that Caddy Website 320-340hp isn't that far from stock. I just would like to have a car thats better all around. With all this done my car will be almost as good as new, but way faster.<P>If I can see 5000-6500US, I'll pretty much go for it. Either that or I'll spend the money more responsably.<P>Under normal conditions, on a car that isn't a Reatta, how long does it take to swap motors?<P>Maybe I'll just wait till I'm older then I'll buy Camaro grin.gif" border="0

In my area - upstate NY - there are Fieros for sale on every road.<BR>You could eisily get one. But then, you'd have an ugly sports car. wink.gif" border="0

Guest C.F.Massie

Now, now Fieros' aren't that bad. I have built three kit cars for customers using the Fiero as the donor platform. I have seen two Fieros so far that had a Northstar installed and they came out fine, only comment on the Fiero would be get the last year model 1988. The Formula or better yet the GT because in1988 they changed the suspension and its quite a bit better and can handle the Northstar. One of my customers had me install a 3800 V6 from an Oldsmobile and it handles great and, although not the HP as a Northstar, it still gets with it pretty quick, not to mention the reliability of the GM 3800 V6. I would like to see a Northstar Reatta conversion ust for the electronics alone.