Dodge interiors

Guest 1930

Does anybody have any info on where I might be able to get photos of original DA interiors. Been all over the net and cannot find anything new that answers some of the questions I have. Seems to me with all the auto enthusiasts over the years that someone would have a website where original car photos would have been saved. Contacted Chrysler historical already and they have only a couple of shots which I of course purchased but need more. Does anyone here have an original interior that they would have the time to discuss and give me photos of? Thanks

Jason the 1929 Tanker has all original interior that has to be redone if you want pictures of that I would be Happy to take the pictures and send a disk with the shipping for the spring. with digital I could take pictures of every square inch. I don't know how much help it would be, but glad to do it. And what the heck does DA stand for?

Maybe somebody will correct me if I am wrong but I think I remember reading recently that the cars were designated with the nomenclatures of DA beause the DA was the first series that Chryslser introduced for Dodge ( Chrysler new ownership for Dodge began in late 1928 ) in the 1929 new year hence the DB model desigantion for the 1930 model cars.

The reason for my confusion is that in my DA parts book they list three different types of materials used in most all DAs which are leather, broadcloth and mohair. Confusion is in that under the heading of phaeton and roadster they list no specific type of upholstery but I assume as they are considered open cars they would only be offered in leather, for the coupes they state all three variations of available upholstery, for sedans the same all three types available, for two door sedan they get real unspecific or better yet confusing in their listings and for the Victoria and Brougham series ( which is what I have...Victoria ) which is a close coupled two door sedan with a unique interior design and almost integrated rear trunk they do not specifically state any type of material. Now there is a listing at the begginning of the section of Victoria Brougham series for a part # to purchase an entire body for either the Victoria or Brougham and both are vailable in only cloth trim. It does not specify Broadcloth but only says cloth, I guess I assume cloth would mean broadcloth. I am sorta at this point under the impression that the upholstery that was used aboved my windows ( which I believe to be original ) would have been used throughout the entire interior and I assume this is what was called broadloth although I am uncertain even of this, it is very thin material, it is obviousley not leather and I do believe I have seen mohair which this is not ( I think ) so that only leaves broadcloth ( I assume ) I have saved as many interior photos as I was able to get from other cars on e-bay ect and it seems that they used the same sort of material all throughout the interior of these cars but this material that is on the uper portions and the headliner appear much to thin for seating material. Maybe I am wrong but I would like to find a picture of an original broadcloth interior. I have posted a couple of pictures here ( I hope ) of my interior, the seats and from windows down have been redone in what I think is a much more appropriate thicker material but it is not original ( the material anyway) and want that in my car. There are no remnants of original seating upholstery that I can find at this point unless maybe I were to tear the material off that is on there now and I am not yet that desperate. I know that you may not have any answers for me ( being a new DA owner ) but maybe someone reading this will, I would very much appreciate the opportunity to see the interior of your truck, what material is that and is the same material used on the side panels as the seats, also maybe a sample of that material at one point would be nice, also I dont suppose any part of your interior is carpeted and has original sample of carpet snap, also I am in need of the original retainers that held the door panels in place, according to my parts book they were snaps if I remember correctly and they are different from the carpet snaps. A sample or at least pictures are very much apprecaited of any of this stuff and if any hardware would be loaned I would of course return it. Also while I am dreaming i dont suppose you feel that your runningboard material is original? how about a rubber interior matting? Ok I just woke up.

post-48869-143137965086_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143137965088_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143137965089_thumb.jpg

post-48869-14313796509_thumb.jpg