1932 - 902 Club Sedan Window Channels

Guest box

Guest imported_Speedster

If you don't have one, you should get the Lebaron-Bonney catalog. The catalog shows the shapes of about 10 door seal strips that they stock (page 31 of their latest). One of those may work. They have very reasonable prices.

Link to Samples and Info order page (click on 'contact/visit us' at bottom, then 'Parts and Accessories Catalog' check box):

http://www.lebaronbonney.com/ordering.htm

Box,

Was sitting here in the basement surfing and remembered I have my glass in the Laundry room for save keeping. I took a look at the door windows and mine have the same setup as the bottom of yours. Mine still have some rubber crimped/stuck in the "U". What ever you come up with can you let me know how it turns out since I will have to replace mine also someday. Thanks

Guest imported_Speedster

Tom,

Is there enough left of the seal rubber to be able to tell what it looked like originally? Did it curve out to side in an (L) shape?

Rick,

I would yes and the top of the tee is roundish I would say. I can't picture how this would seal the door against the glass. Looks like I need to take trip out to garage and examine the doors.

Guest imported_Speedster

Yes, it may seal out some Wind, but it sure wouldn't stop much rain from getting in door. Rain water would just run down to ends.

The height of the seal would be very critical for a good seal and window closing at top. A little low and it wouldn't seal, a little high and the window wouldn't close properly, if it actually stops against the inside of door.

Speester - do have Lebaron Bonney catalog. Will check it out. Thanks for taking so much time to help me out!! Tom - great pic. At least now I know what to look for and also thank you for your efforts. My window channels came in yesterday. Ordered from Restoration Specialties #Y528. I also went up to garage attic to dig out the rest of the windows. They were wrapped up in newspapers dated 1976 from the fellow that started the restoration and had put in new glass. Well....from sitting around for 30+ years it started to delaminate at the edges. Well off to the window shop - to have new glass cut. Another setback it does get a little frustrating at times. The rubber seals against the door skin. The door sheet metal at the bottom of the window sticks out 1/4" beyond the wood. The U-shape fits up against this when window is closed making the seal. On to the next problem - on the 2-side cowl vents I am missing the linkage to the side latching hole. In pic -knob goes into the side hole - what type of linkage is in top hole? Kurt

post-50136-143137964697_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Speedster

None of my cars have side-vents so Can't help with that, but surely someone here has had experience with those. I assumed the knob screwed directly into that piece on vent, but maybe not, since there appears to be 2 tapped holes for linkage attachments.

Could it be that the other attaches to an Inside cover that slides closed when the outside vent is closed?