Interesting trend noted

Guest Hinckley

Guest Hinckley

I am an automotive writer and historian that recently took the plunge into the modern era by starting a blog where I post original feature pieces as fascinating links, route66chronicles.blogspot.com

There have been two features that attracted a great deal of attention judging by the number of hits. One was on the evolution of the mini van and the second was a brief history of Mack trucks.

What I found interesting was the majority of hits on the minivan piece were from eastern Europe and on the Mack truck they were from New Zealand and Australia,

Any ideas or thoughts as to why?

• 1 month later...
Guest carmagreviews

I am from New Zealand I run a car magazine review web site too that is toally unique

If you need any references for your blog you know where to finfd it

Mack Trucks were assembled and still are in Australia a great deal have surived there and here in New Zealand

Mini Van was assembled by both countries and more of those here then in Australia. Here in NZ we even got a few Mini Utes! Another interesting fact New Zealand was last country to manufacture new the Morris Minor 1000 Van - In England it stopped in 1970 here 1973!

Cheers Julian

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hinckley

Julian -

Thanks for the clarification. Though I write extensively on topics pertaining to American automotive history (I am an associate editor with Cars & Parts) my ignorance of foreign auto manufacturing is embarrasing.

If I may be of service or you would find linking with my blog an advantage please let me know. Jim