dual quad parts on ebay

pphil

Scott,

Your listed prices are your reserve. People want a bargain or a fair price off ebay, otherwise, as you have it, it's no different then putting an ad in Hemmings. There is one difference - a person can still dicker on Hemmings, but a bid on your parts obligates the buyer to purchase, or face negative feedback - so people are being very cautious. you have just narrowed your buyers pool about 90% to only those who really need what you have to offer. Parts hoarders aren't likely to bid, because they simply resell later when demand increases and try to margin a profit at about 50 to 125% of cost.

I wouldn't count on the number of lookers either, as I often look at expensive parts by watching that I would never bid on, just to see what they go for.

If you want to sell your items, then put them on ebay at lower prices and let the market be the judge. Put them in a 10 day format or if you can, use the Buy It Now option with Best Offer. That way, you give potential interested parties the option of telling you what they would pay. Of course, some are ridiculous, others more in line.

I have been around for a while and bottom line i know what these parts are worth.I am already taking a loss by parting my car out but i will be d**** if i give the parts away. if they dont sell i will keep them.I thank you for your input.

scott