Want a conformation on this

SSlugs

well first off, hello im new. second off im restoreing a 1929 Ford Model AA truck. while i was rummaging/roaming around my grandparents farm, i happened to stumble accross these:

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r59/Sea_Slugs/Mystery%20car/

i would post them all up but theres quite a few...

now from what i can tell, its a 1928 chevy 1 ton truck. the back half and front half arent connected, thier about 500 feet apart. it looks like the rear axel was turned into a trailer many years ago. (at least i think) the front half is pretty well in the mud and i couldnt tell if there was the rest of the frame or not(meaning are the 2 pieces related)

so what is it?

i didnt look too much, but where would they be exactly?(couldnt get to all sides easily, electric barbed wire fence really really close to the engine.)

i would assume that rearend matches that front end because the wheels are the same.

I'm not for sure where the body numbers would be on a truck but on the cars of the mid to late 20's they were either on the center near the top or on the drivers side near the top. I would think the earlier cars and trucks would be about the same.

If I can find my book on such info I'll look into it. Two big ifs here... IF I can find the book and IF it goes back that far. Either way I'll let you know.

I'm not sure if there would be any numbers stamped on the frame or not. I just did a brief search in my book and found no such reference.

hmm well thanks for lookin. what would you set as a price for what you see in those pics? (prolyl the front half and rear half) cuz i have no idea on old old chevy stuff...id rather see it go to someone who can use it cuz if not im afraid my grandpa might scrap it.

Sold as a unit not much. Maybe $2-300. Maybe.

It's the engine, transmission, and wheels that might get you a few dollars. Engines by themselves aren't worth much more than $50. It's the stuff on them that make them worth more, the generator, starter, water pump, etc. A complete engine can fetch $250. I said "can", I didn't say "would".

The transmission might fetch $75-100.

The problem with for anyone buying it is proxomity. Shipping can be very expensive.

Try selling the individual pieces on ebay. At least that way the parts aren't discarded and you might get a few dollars.

Good luck. If I can be of any help feel free to call on me.