1990 Reatta code

I have a code 041c showing up. The guy I bought the car from said he changed the cam shaft sensor and gave me the old one as proof. The autoparts store said it was the cam shaft sensor as well. Well, the code still comes up as current©, so what's the problem? I've tried disconnecting the battery, and unplugging various computer connections in an attempt to clear the computer. I'm trying to find out if anyone has a code list so I can find out definitely what it is the problem and go ahead and fix it myself. Unless someone has another suggestion!?!???

Make sure to check for the signal at the PCM as outlined in the FSM before disassembly. The input channel to the PCM can also fail.

Checked again. If you do a search for Magnet on this site, you'll get better responses. I attempted the J.B.Weld fix method, and although others have done it with success, I was uncomfortable with the results and opted to pay Buick. I couldn't get the bolt out of the harmonic balancer to pull the timing chain cover without taking a chance on breaking a tooth on the flywheel. Didn't want to do $3000 damage vs paying $560. Bob

I don't suppose that this is something that I can ignore then? Is it bad for the car to be driven this way? Thanks for all your input!<P><BR>P.S. I don't think I have an FSM. So I really don't have anything to reference except this website. Anyone got an extra manual for a '90 laying around? lol<p>[ 04-02-2002: Message edited by: T. Ray ]