Duesenberg/White Transmission from Jim Hoe Car F/S at Hershey

georgealbrightg

Forgot to list,I own the original White trans. that Jim Hoe modified for J-183 and raced several times in the early 1950s. I believe it is a 5 speed. It went to Dee Howard of Texas along with the J 183 running gear. Dee restored the running gear with an original Warner T 72 trans. I bought J 183 from Dee,but have since sold J 183 to Bernie Aaron of Ontario,Canada.I have a circa 1992 letter from Jim Hoe to Dee Howard discussing this very trans,and how Jim put a tall 3rd gear in it and when and where he raced the car.Car pictured in the back of the Roe Duesenberg book. It even still has the Duesy braking drum on it in the back,for the auxil. operated brake.Jim wrote a 3 page letter on how to install White trans. in Duesys,based on this very trans. Bellhousing needs a couple of outside cracks welded-other than that it is super nice,even painted Duesy green by Jim. Will be at Brian Josephs space # CD 90-91 Tues thru Thurs till 2 PM ONLY,then back to Fla. Price for trans is $4,000.00 firm.With the Jim Hoe race car cut down original firewall #2201,$6,500. Firewall only $3,000. George Albright ,Ocala,Fla. Cell 352 843 1624 Email: gnalbright@gmail.com Will hold for qualified buyer prior to Hershey.