Turn light problem

Guest Jay_Jay

Ok Guys & Gal

When it come to wiring and electric am as dumb as a door knob. Tell me what you think I have going on.

When I turn on my left turn light, they wotk OK, however my radio LED go out.

When I turn on right one the radio LED brinks with the turn light.

Just got this TC last week and this seems to be the only real problem it has. After a tune-up, with new plugs and wires it run very well.

But these lights are driving me buggy.

Hey Jay,

My first inclination is a bad ground in your signal lights. It may be at the lights outside the car but it also might be the ground on your arrow lights on the dash. when a light has a bad ground the electricity travels thru anything connected to that system until it gets to ground. the related item that is turned on by the juice seeking ground may even be brighter than the item you turned on. It usually takes another person to assist; but in semi darkness where you can see what you are doing and still be dark enough that you can see any dimm light that may come on; turn on the signal light and see if anything else comes on besides the radio lights. Or conversely see if anything goes off.. Then someone that understands the circuits has to decide where to look.. Check the signals with and without the parking lights on. Good Luck, Lou

Hi Jay,

Lou is correct, electricity is lazy and will always look for the path of least resistance. Even if this means grounding through other components, like your radio led's.. Have you had any body work done on the car lately. Or any interior work done. Reason I ask is that body and interior grounds are easily forgotten about as far as being hooked back up ....after repairs are made. If you have a service manual, start looking for grounds that are missing, broken or loose...These types of electrical ground problems, sometime take awhile to track down...Good Luck!