Model T Outline

Several months ago I requested background information and confirmation on information I already had on Henry Ford, The Model T Ford, and The Ford Motor Company, as well as early automobile history. Several of you sent me information as well as straightning out some facts I had previously acquired, and I thank you all for your help most sincerely. At the present time I have compiled several pages of outline type notes for a flip chart on the above mentioned topics for use in our local High Schools.<P>I recently purchassed a nice 1916 Model T Touring car from Bert Harrison, in Salem, Oregon, and I will be using it as a teaching aide in History, as well as Automotive Mechanics classes locally here in Wasilla, Alaska. If anyone is interested in my flip chart notes, I am more than willing to share, and will send them to you via e-mail upon request. Please feel free to comment or correct, as well as make suggestions. These notes are not complete, and are mainly topic reminders and relevent facts as I know them. The purpose is to bring History alive and show what an impact Mr. Ford and the Model T had on both American as well as World History along with the differences in technology of less than one hundred years ago, and what we have today in an interesting and informative manner, as well as to show Ford as a man with good points as well as faults that influenced his outlook of what was going on in his world and how it molded the world we know today.<P>Thank you all again for your help in this matter. As a novice, I need all the expert help I can get. Now I anxiouisly wait the arrival of my new toy so that I can learn how to drive the damned thing, so as not to make a complete fool of myself when I take it into the schools this Fall.<P>P.S.<BR>If you would like a copy of my notes, please let me know where you are from.<P>[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Jim Uhl ]<p>[ 06-21-2001: Message edited by: Jim Uhl ]

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

I wish they had classes like that when I was in high school. Sounds like a good thing you're doing, Jim.