No first gen Riviera's at Barrett Scottsdale?

Guest Gee_Rydes

Guest Gee_Rydes

I didn't see any first generation Riviera's go through Barrett-Jackson's sale at Scottsdale this year.

I did see that a 65' GS sold last year at Palm Beach for about $35K and a slightly modified 65' 401 sell for $29,700. The slightly modified had different mirrors, wheels, and they put portholes on the fenders! To each his own, I guess

Dave

Where do the big cars go for auction? I hardly saw any wagons, Riviera's, or '70s Cadi's/Buicks in general. Is Barrett-Jackson dominated primarily by small '60s-'70s muscle car owners? I saw comparatively few restored luxury vehicles or big cruisers/passenger wagons. I saw a 1950 Cadillac fully restored get almost NO attention on the block and go for only $33k! The announcers on Speed Network pointed out that price maybe covered the body and paint restoration!

there was a very nice white 65 at the Silver Auction the same weekend. The bidding stalled at $21,500 and the reserve was somewhere around $28,000. At the Barrett Jackson a 67 riv went for $19,250 and a 73 GS Riv went for $22,000. Plenty of the BJ cars that were not seen during the TV coverage were very nice but not outstanding rides that went for fairly normal prices. You can see all the results on the BJ website.

Jerome 65