Liscened appraiser ?

I have seen in HMW and elsewhere that many<BR>Antique Autombile Appraisers are "licensed"<BR>My question is by who ? New york state does<BR>not issue appraisers licenses except for<BR>real estate and I am wondering who is issuing<BR>these qualifications ? Contact information<BR>for the licensing organization would be<BR>appreciated.<P>Jeffrey Vogel

Most of these "licenses" are merely a local business license. Most states, that I am aware of, do not require a license to be an appraiser. So who is qualified to be one?? I am and so are the other members of VAN - Vehicle Appraisers Network. Our Certified Appraisers BEGIN their list of qualifications with over 50 national judging credits in AACA, CCCA, MCA, LOC, etc. For more info contact Jeff Locke at (757) 421-9028.

I should have suggested using my email: olcarnut@pilot.infi.net to contact VAN - Vehicle Appraiser Network to find an appraiser near you or to learn if you have what it takes to become an appraiser with VAN - Vehicle Appraiser Network. Thank you. Message by Jeff Locke