What is the Glidden Tour

I met a lady at the Punta Gorda show Saturday and she had on her a participation badge that read Glidden Tour 2000. I asked her what it was, and I did not get a clear response. Does any one know what the tour is and can any one inform me on how become a driver on the tour. Thank you.<P><BR>Matt

The Glidden Tour started in 1905 and ended in 1913 (long story there) and the first revival Glidden was in 1946, Has run every year since sponsored by the VMCCA and the AACA. AACA runs it on the odd number years (like this year) and the cut-off is pre-1936. VMCCA runs it on the even number years and the cut-off is at the decision of the Tour Director and may be up to 1942. You must be a member of either AACA or VMCCA to get on the tour.<P>Check the calendar on the home page of this site for this year's schedule. In the Antique Automobile there will be an announcement on the tour information request form which must be sent in to AACA HQ. A package will be sent to you by the tour host Region. You must complete the registration form and return it to the host region. Since this tour fills up quickly you must not waste any time returning the form.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chuck Conrad

Old Car tours just don't get much better than The Glidden Tour. It's the Granddady of them all. Model your event after this one, and it will be a winner!<P>Chuck Conrad