Door handle broke - part scored - thx

Went to get in my car two days ago and the outside door handle broke. The lever that actuates the latch snapped. I still don't know if this is resultant of an attempted break-in or just 12 years of fatigue on the cast handle. (Drivers side + latch end = max wear/stress.) This is a daily.<P>Anyway, thanks to Tom and Barney's FAQ site, I called Speedway in Arizona. Scored the assy. correct color surround to boot. OK, it was $175.00, but I wil be able to enter my car normally. This is a frustrating part to have fail. OBTW - Another buick dis-continued part.<P>You guys are the best.....Reatta-on

same thing happened to me. I e-mailed someone partingout a reatta.Recieved it prepaid mail for $12. try the people who are parting out cars first.

• 2 weeks later...

Part finally showed up. Pretty darn good shape. I'll install it this weekend. Thanks again for the info guys / gals.<P>Glad someone scored a part for $12, I actually did contact two people parting out on this site with little or no response before I went to Speedway. Speedway came through and that's what counts in a pinch. An offered part means nothing if a transaction doesn't occur. I'm just glad to get into my car in normal manner..... she's worth it.<P>Save the spotted Reatta.....

Not sure but the 89-90 Chevy Corsica Door Handle looks very similar. I don't know if it comes chrome plated, but maybe worth looking in to. Anybody have a Corsica that could compare?