Changing front marker light bulb - 92 Park Avenue

Guest Shaffer

I am having difficulty in replacing the front side marker bulb on my 92 Park Avenue. I cannot see anyway to get to the bulb from under the hood and it does not look like the lens just pops off. Anyone have any clue as to change this bulb? I assume that 1991-1996s are the same. Thanks!!!

If you are talking about the directional light, the one next to the headlight that wraps around the corner into the fender, then you have to take that whole corner assembly out, if my memory recalls correctly. I think its held in my two screws/bolts. The right side attatches to a molded clip that is part of the fender. Be careful, its plastic. That's how I realized that the whole fender is plastic (at least that is how it appears, as the plastic clip seems to be part of the fender.) Hope that helps.

Guest Shaffer

Thats the one, but I do not see those bolts. I do see some, but the headlight has to be removed to get to them. It does look like if I was to move the air cleaner snout, that I would be able to get to the bulbs, but for some reason- the bolt that holds it in place will not remove. It will go out so far- then it will just keep turning, but will not remove. You would think that simply changing a bulb would be simple. I may have it sold anyway- so I will let the new owner replace it.

• 3 months later...
Guest Shaffer

Believe it or not- I still have this car- as I have decided to keep it for a while. However - I have still had no luck in being able to change this bulb. Am I just looking over the screws that need to be removed? Any information appreciated.

If you are having problems removing the plastic headed nuts that holds the headlight assembly, you are not alone! This is a common problem on these. When it happened to me, I asked my Buick dealer to change the light bulb when I went for an oil change! It is much easier that way! I just waited a bit longer this time!

Guest Shaffer

Yes- they are in a very bad place. I have even about busted the lens, just so I can replace the bulb. I HATE to have a blown bulb on my car.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shaffer

I finally figured it out and replaced the bulb. I think I put the wrong bulb in though, as the passenger side is brighter. I just stuck in a bulb that I bought for something. 73Electra was right- there are two bolts that hold the assembly in, but what I did not know is that the headlight assembly has to be removed to gain access to that. PHIL- those black, round screws that hold the headlight assembly was very easy to remove on my car. Perhaps it was removed before? My problem was I did not know how to get to those screws that hold the actual side marker lens in. Thanks again for the help.

Guest Shaffer

LOL. The last time I tried it- I almost broke the lens. I did actually hit it after prying on it did not help. crazy.gif It is cracked anyway- so I was just going to buy a new lens.

On a different note- I think that the starter is going bad- (my dad said it was the bendix) as today- it made a peculiar sound when I left work, and again when I left Wal-mart Supercenter. I think I am going to say good-bye to this car. With all of the hail damage, high miles- I do not think it is worth putting any more money into for me. Thanks again for the info.