1965 Riviera Remote Side View Mirror

Aurorafarm

Hi Buick Club,

I have a 65 Riviera I'm restoring, originally this car never had a side view mirror and I wanted to put one on so I bought a remote mirror that is supposed to be for a 65 Riviera, the problem I'm having is I can't figure out how the adjustment toggle secures to the inner door plate, I don't know if I'm missing something but in other cars there is a shaft on the door plate and that has a set screw to hold the two together and what i have doesn't it has a this metal clip that seems like it screws into the two holes on the plate but doesn't hold the toggle to the plate,  I have the original factory repair and body manuals and neither has anything on the side view mirror, I will post some pic's of what I have and maybe any of you with any experience with the side view mirror can help me out as to how the adjustment toggle is secured to the plate and or if I'm missing something - any help would be greatly appreciated751761740_Mirrortoggleplate.thumb.jpg.4e4fc8eb083f2632c0a63d79009c2932.jpg

65 Riviera Mirror.jpg

• Like 1

As I studied your pix, it seems like

u might have a remote mirror from a 63/64?? I don’t know the difference. Hope someone can chime in. But your interior door panel mounting plate is different than the one on my 65. Here are some pix. 

My toggle thingy is held to the mounting plate by a plastic clip (which is probably easy to find if I break mine…NOT haha). The plate has a (for lack of a better term) clocking nub that only allows the plate to sit in one position over the toggle. Then the holes for the plastic clip line up. 

U still might get yours to work right tho. I can see your mounting plate has a clocking nub too. That metal ring looks like it has two little tabs that probably hook onto the toggle. Then screw the ring to the back of the plate. 

Im sure it’s not as easy. I’m only guessing from what I can see. Hope this helps, keep us posted

ED28DD31-DA3C-4298-B9C3-729D5D489CB9.thumb.jpeg.66cd1c27500338aecd089108122a63d9.jpeg

E4150DC4-CE81-46CF-8341-F6CFC8CD6935.thumb.jpeg.9c4b7e0b0396f37cd3794a623060e676.jpeg

Edited by RockinRiviDad (see edit history)