1929-1930 Chevy hot air heater

dzchevy

Not to put a damper on your quest but if you poll the Vintage Chev Club most all will advise you won't find one and if you did it would probably cost more then you spent on your car. I have only heard of one or two people who have them on cars during the last 30 years or so. Best of luck.

I belong to the VCCA and have only seen one car with it but never got a chance to talk to the owner of the car. It started to rain and when I went back to find him he  had left the show. I am sure there are people that have them it is just a little harder to make the connection. Thanks for your comments.  

The 2 styles are also displayed in the News service bulletins by Chevrolet. The later style actually replaced the exhaust pipe, instead of wrapping around it, with a shroud that had the exhaust pipe inside it. The down side of these heaters were if there were any exhaust leaks present in the exhaust pipe inside the shroud, the CO  exhaust would go directly into the passenger compartment.

Are your parts books for sale and do you know of any parts for either style...many thanks 

Edited by dzchevy (see edit history)

Not selling my books but could scan the pages. All parts are listed. So far looking for 30+ years I have not yet come across any parts for these heaters. I have not yet even seen one on a car and I live in a city where these cars were manufactured.

Regards,