95 Riviera - Lower Control Arm

JohnO

I am trying to replace my lower control arms in the front of car. No problems with disassembly. I have the ball joint and the rear bushing connected (the horizontal one). The front forward bushing (vertical one) is giving me the trouble to the point where I cannot get it centered to accept the bolt. It seems as though I would have to disconnect the strut to move the control arm upward or install the tires and drop the car. I tried jacking the control arm but that does not help.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

I finally completed the job. The sequence to install is in this order: First, the ball joint. Second, the rear bushing. Finally, the front bushing. A couple of other pointers since it does not go back in so easy are as follows: You may have to turn the wheel to find the best spot and after installing the ball joint and the rear bushing jack up the control arm numerous pumps to try to level the front bushing to the mounting bracket. Also plan on prying the control arm to get the bolt for the front bushing started.