Parts / Part numbers

I have just come into a stash of 1949/1953 Packard parts. 90% NOS. I spent last night looking up part numbers to make sure i advertise them correctly. One of them is confusing. The part number stamped is 444206. When I look in the book it seems to be listed as PA444206. When I cross over to the group number and find all of the part numbers that fall into that group number, it drops the 'PA'. So my queston is what is the 'PA'?? Is that just Packards way of messing with our minds????

PA is Packard Accessory. The factory invoice on my '34 lists a number of PA's, like the sidemounts, the radiator cap, etc. <P>Packard did not mess with minds.

To be more thorough, PA's are options from the base specification. I believe, for example, (I'm not looking at it) my invoice calls out contrasting color pinstriping on the body and fenders. This is a dealer or customer requested option or accessory and is thus, a PA. <P>Good luck with the parts.

Guest Randy Berger

Al K, If you have the 55-56 parts manual look under accessories and you will find both PA and SP. PA you already know - SP means it is an accessory for both Studebaker and Packard. I know you're getting revved up for this weekend and the drive home. Let us know how it turns out. We are all cheering you on.

Thanks guys; yup going to hit the sack early. 5am start time tomorrow. with any luck be back early sunday afternoon. Will have plenty of JPEGS to send to Craig on tuesday to post. The parts situation was a shot in the dark. I could not believe the condition of them. The 52-53 clipper rear fins are not only NOS but coe with the template, mounting instructions, rubber washers, and nuts, but also came in a box that was labled as mailed from Packard Motor Car Company<BR>to Granite State Motors in Tilton N.H. I'll be E-Baying this stuff tonight. Thanks again guys.