Bearcats! to be officially released on DVD.

JohnBoyle

For fans of early 12-16 Bearcats, the 1971 TV adventure series Bearcats! is finally being officially released on DVD in May.

Licensed by MGM, the episodes have only been available up until now via unofficial sources.

I've been in contact with the producers and sadly, there are no extras included in the three DVD set, nor is the pilot film/TV movie "Powderkeg" included. The VHS tapes and DVDs I have of the series have been of pretty good quality (all things considered), but hopefully, these will be even better.

The series used two full-size, all metal Bearcat replicas for filming, constructed by none other than the legendary George Barris, an early "Kustomizer" (his spelling) who is probably best known for building the TV Batmobile.

The series shows the cars to good advantage, and also features an number of other pre-WWI cars, including Packard and Buick touring cars as well as a host of Model Ts and a Mack truck.

The series centers around the expolits of two troubleshooters for hire in the American Southwest just before World War One where their jobs pitted them against crooks, terrorists and German spies.

It's no tto be taken too seriously, but neither is it a comic book like the later A-Team.

Here's a link to its page on Amazon...though it's being relaesed through a firm that has released many other old TV series on DVDs, so I'm sure they'll be availabe though other sources. A

mazon's cost is about $13.00 http://www.amazon.com/Bearcats-The-Complete-Series-Taylor/dp/B00BCMT3TO/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In case you're interested, both replicas (along witth a stretched version Barris kept for car show/display duty) survive. One is in Washington state, with a Stutz Club member, the other is in a private collection in Michigan.