What year frame

Guest Ron Haskell

Guest Ron Haskell

Hi. I am a first time poster. I have an old Packard frame that I would like to find out what year it is. It has a 133" wheel base, 20" solid wheels, there is a number stamped on the front round crossmember DR17003T. There is a number stenseled on the frame 9-22-26 that possibly could be date of production. It would be good to put this in the hands of someone who would appreciate it for more than scrap.

It looks like it's in pretty good shape with some additional coil springs. Someone out there could certainly use it, why not move it over to the Packard buy/sell forum? Another good sight for Packard lovers is Packardinfo.com

If you're looking for a value I saw a couple of frames on eBay last week and the seller was asking $14,000 for one and $23,000 for another however the seller was obviously insane. He will no doubt be buried with his frames. To be fair he did have some rusty body sheet metal on his frames and they did have engines. Nevertheless I would think that if you got $250 to $500 for it you should count yourself lucky. Sure it's rare but so are people that are looking for just a frame.

Good luck.

Todd

• 5 years later...