turn signal flasher location

scott209

Guest alex_houston

I am now trying to remove the center console trim plate so I can remove the front storage compartment. This is so I can remove the knee bolster to be able to remove the steering column reinforcement plate which is supposed to be hiding the turn flasher. (page 8C-10 of the '91 manual)

My problem is the book says to remove the two screws on the console trim plate and unseat the front to remove. I cannot get the thing to "unseat". Has anyone done this recently that can lend a clue?

Thanks for the input.

Guest alex_houston

OK

Finally got it.

Had to remove the console cover to remove the console storage compartment. It had to be removed to remove the knee bolster. The trim piece in the console had to be removed to remove two screws in the front of the console cover. It did not simply un-seat. Must not be like a '91.

Had to remove the instrument cluster panel also to get to more screws to remove the knee bolster.

Then had to remove the steering column reinforcement plate. I could then see the flasher but still not a done deal. There was a plastic panel covering and preventing access/removal of the flasher. Since it was hidden, and the corner in the way seemed to serve no purpose, I carefully broke it away.

The flashers were exactly beside the steering column on the right side as it was supposed to be. However, whoever designed that set-up should have re-thought it.

Turn indicators work now so hopefully the car will pass inspection tomorrow.