Sun 504 Distributor Tester

My xenon lamp in my Sun Distributor Tester, Model 504, has suddenly gone quite dim - it is now so dim that I can't see the arrow even with the room lights low. Otherwise the unit works fine. The light was working OK earlier today, but the next time I turned the unit on it was dim. The lamp flashes - just dimly. Does anyone have a fix or repair suggestion? Does anyone have a schematic for the electrical on this tester?

Any help is appreciated, not only by me but by others in the club. Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

I got a great response from a reader of this forum. He repairs / restores Sun Distributors. I sent him the electronics from mine and he repaired and modernized them for what I thought was a very reasonable cost. To top it off, I had the distributor tester electronics repaired and back in the unit in 14 days - and that included shipping from and back to Alaska! Mark Saunders can be reached at mdsaunders@sbcglobal.net or by phone at 616-878-9734. Again, I was surprised, impressed, and delighted at the service I got from Mark on repair of the distributor tester!