Off TOPIC Skylark wheel cover replacements

charlie1

Son has a 1991 Skylark with 14 inch wheels. With all the pot holes here in Pa he has lost all 4 wheel covers. I am tired of replacing them. Was wondering if I could find something like they use on the police cars which is a chrome center piece that looks like it is held on by the lug nuts. The other option is to just replace the lugs with chrome lug nuts and forget about it. It is a extremely nice car and I thought some of the Reatta folks could offer a suggestion.

Thanks

Guest Corvanti

maybe find some "decent" 14" chrome/aluminum/mags with the correct spacing for a Skylark? i'd look at a local or nearby Craigslist, etc. and be done with wheelcovers.:)

Guest my3buicks

Are you talking full wheel covers or the small center caps? Reatta's have alloy wheels with a small center cap. If it is the full wheel covers, he may want to try bending the little gripper tines out a bit to give them more bite. I have also heard of people putting duct tape around the inner wheel where the tines bite into and it is supposed to help.

Guest Corvanti

if it's hit potholes hard enough to pop the covers, it's probably going to need an alignment anyway.:)

going "less expensive" - he could probably pick up a set of 4 covers at WalMart, Flaps, etc. for less than $30.