where is the ac expansion valve on a 64 riviera

Guest CA cruiser

Guest CA cruiser

My ac has no flow has a lot of pressure on high side and vacuum pulls into vacuum on the low side blew air through the evaporator then all o.f a sudden airflow stopped I have looked every where for the valve only thing I can figure it is in the evaporator case which I am not looking forward to removing the evaporator if I do not need to any help on this would be appreciated

thanks Michael

My ac has no flow has a lot of pressure on high side and vacuum pulls into vacuum on the low side blew air through the evaporator then all o.f a sudden airflow stopped I have looked every where for the valve only thing I can figure it is in the evaporator case which I am not looking forward to removing the evaporator if I do not need to any help on this would be appreciated

thanks Michael

Hi Michael,

In the evaporator case.

Tom Mooney

Guest CA cruiser
Hi Michael,

In the evaporator case.

Tom Mooney

Tom thanks for getting back to me, I was afraid it was in with the evaporator,

can you give me any suggestions on the best way to remove the case and get to the valve, does the dash need to be removed

Thanks again Michael

Tom thanks for getting back to me, I was afraid it was in with the evaporator,

can you give me any suggestions on the best way to remove the case and get to the valve, does the dash need to be removed

Thanks again Michael

Drops out from under the pass side of the dash. You might want to remove the pass seat to make some room. Have fun...

Tom Mooney