1951 Buick Special valve cover emblems

Centurion

I've been contacted by the restorer of a 1951 Buick Special 2-door sedan. He is finishing up the restoration of the car, with the intention of showing the Buick at the upcoming BCA National Meet in Portland.

He has purchased the decal / emblem for the valve cover of the straight-8, but is not certain regarding the proper mounting location. Can someone instruct me, or, better yet, furnish a photo of a correct 1951 Buick straight-8 (smaller straight-8) with all valve cover emblems/decals in their correct location?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Guest shadetree77

Brian,

Here's a photo of my engine compartment on my '52 with 263 and Dynaflow. These are the correct sticker locations to the best of my knowledge. The only thing that might differ is the "This engine is equipped with hydraulic lifters" sticker. From what I've been able to uncover, that sticker was applied to various locations on the valve cover from factory to factory and year to year. I picked the spot I had seen them applied to the most. Also, these stickers are correct for a Dynaflow car. If his car is equipped with a manual trans, his valve cover lettering would be blue and there would be no "hydraulic lifter" sticker.

post-75106-143142467114_thumb.jpg