Anyone have a 1956 white bird with peacock blue interior?

Guest 56Tbird

Guest billybird

From what I can tell by your picture, your interior is in fact Peacock Blue. How old is the interior? It could have faded some. The turquise color is much lighter and was a 55' color. In any event; there is a good picture of a white/ peacock blue on ebay right now.

Guest 56Tbird

Thanks Billybird. The interior is original, minus the seat covers. The seats are about 30 years old.

I checked the ebay listing, and it looks just like mine. I knew the Turquoise was a 55 color, but wasn't sure how much difference in color.

Edited by 56Tbird (see edit history)

Guest 56Tbird
I have a peacock blue exterior and interior, aren't they the same interior color as the white exterior?

I assume they are. Can you post a pic?

Guest 56Tbird

Thanks for the pics. I see your blue very different than mine. I see pics on other sites, and look just like mine. That's what confuses me between the 55 turquoise, and the Peacock Blue in 56.

Guest 56Tbird
I think the '55 color is lighter than the '56 and with more green in it. I know some call the '55 blue color, "aqua".

In your opinion, does mine look Aqua, or Peacock blue?

It looks peacock blue, but faded a bit maybe. My pictures are interior garage pics with lower light than your outdoor sunlit ones. But I don't see the greenish tint associated with '55 aqua.

Guest 56Tbird
It looks peacock blue, but faded a bit maybe. My pictures are interior garage pics with lower light than your outdoor sunlit ones. But I don't see the greenish tint associated with '55 aqua.

Thanks Mike.

Guest billybird

56Tbird: Have you ever seen a 55 with the turqouise and white interior? If you have or had, you should never wonder about yours again. I worked for 30 years in a field where my living depended on deciphering colors. Rest your mind, your interior is Peacock.

Guest 56Tbird
56Tbird: Have you ever seen a 55 with the turqouise and white interior? If you have or had, you should never wonder about yours again. I worked for 30 years in a field where my living depended on deciphering colors. Rest your mind, your interior is Peacock.

I haven't seen a 55 turquoise, and colors on computer screens don't always look right. Thanks Billybird. I do feel better now that you guys have commented.

• 8 months later...
Guest skygazer

I painted my 55 peacock blue. I think it is an authentic formula, and I love the color. While it has a hint of turquoise, it is much darker than the stock 55 Thunderbird Blue color. I left the wedge under the armrest of the doors the original color for comparison. The upholstery is slightly darker than the stock color, but it is more turquoise than the body. Pics attached.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post-94496-143141957291_thumb.jpg