Central Buick and North Side Laundry in Indianapolis Picture?

Fred Zwicker

What year International Trucks are these? This is an old photo of my father (far left in picture) in front of the North Side Laundry on Central Avenue in Indianapolis, Indiana around 1933. If you look closely there is a Buick Dealership to the far right. From what I can make out of the sign, it seems to say, "Central Buick Company"

They used to carry the clean laundry and drycleaning inside the trucks and the dirty laundry was put into white laundry bags and carried on the the roof (tied to the roof racks). What was once a thriving business finally went bad due to the depression and the company closed.

Any information about the year of the International Trucks and also about Central Buick Company would be appreciated.

Fred

post-48037-143137986438_thumb.jpg

They look to be 1930/31 models. If they have custom built bodies (which I think they do, they appear to be slightly larger than the regular production "Special Delivery" panel truck), then they could also be 1932 models. Regular production 1932s had a curved base to the windshield.

Thanks Dave,

I recall that my father said these trucks were made with custom bodies, as they needed larger than usual. I would sure like to see one of these today, but doubt if there are any survivors. He also mentioned that they were painted with multiple coats of white enamel and were always kept spotless. I am almost certain that he said that the paint was applied by brush. In the center logo on each truck is a small white snow man with the words "Snow White Service" as part of the logo.