Help Identifying / Finding Family Car

EmuPoacher

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here knew any information about a car made in the early 1900's. All I know about it is that it was a steam engine and was designed by one of my great-great grandfathers with the last name of Dousman. I've run a couple of searches on various antique car websites and the like, but I don't have a whole lot of information on what his first name was, car model, car name etc. I've heard that it was called the "Dousman Steamer," but that hasn't turned up anything yet.

If anyone has any information about a car like this, that would be awesome. Thank you very much!

Edit: free bumps would be nice every now and then, also if you have information you don't want to post and would rather send to me that would be fine too. Thanks again!

<span style="font-style: italic">The American Car Since 1775</span> list over 5000 manufacturer and wanna-be manufacturer names for all types of cars and trucks in the U.S. The name "Dousman" does not appear in the book, so the car was likely never registered as a product of a manufacturer under that name (if, indeed, we're talking about a car in the U.S. here).