Fan belt (England)

JohnMackay

Guest imported_MikeWilliamsUK

Hi Peng,

Can't answer your question as mine is a '38 and just may be different (I doubt it, but you never know!).

But, I see you are in England. Are you Pete, or is there a Zephyr over here that I don't know about? If Pete we met at Knebworth a year or so back with Colin.

Mike

Guest imported_MikeWilliamsUK

Now that I read it again, my last post sounded a bit mean! The belt on my '38 says Gates TR20544 Green Stripe II Belt 15A1380.

Mike

Hi Mike

Not Pete, it's John. My father bought the '39 in the late 70's early 80's..never used it, he passed away in '92 when I inherited it.It hasn't been touched in over 20 years so needs a lot of work. Colin has been extremely helpful..he knew of the car whilst it was still in London in the 70's. Car presently in the Black Isle, but will eventually end up in the Bournemouth area. I presently live in Stansted but moving to the south coast in next 6-8 weeks.

Thanks for belt info, might see you at the show on the 17th.

John

Guest petebirtles

Hi Mike & John,

Pete here, I'm planning to take the zephyr to Knebworth this weekend so may see you both there.

John, if your needing a fan belt I may have a spare, not sure if it'll be correct for the 39' but it'll fit & do the job, I could always bring one to Knebworth with me. Which 39 model do you have?

Cheers, Pete Birtles.

Hi Pete

Thanks for the reply, it's a '39 Zephyr V12 Sedan. I'm in the process of ordering a couple of belts but thank you for the kind offer. As I mentioned to Mike I don't know a great deal about the car, Colin has known of the car since the early 70's so hopefully I'll get to meet up with him at Knebworth on Sunday and learn some more. Hope to see you there.

Kind Regards

John