1930 Chrysler manifold

Just had to contact the Better Business Bureau about a company who has an ad in the WPC. Have been waiting over two years to get my reproduced manifolds, sent him mine off my cars to use as patterns. I gave pleanty of warning for him to work with me before I filed. Be very careful if you do any business with MFT/USA. Will post again when & if I get the new parts and mine are returned.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest gosacks

I had sent Val Blazer $2800.00 in 1998 along with a Packard 426 Six manifold to duplicate. All I got was a run around and I was pallning to take legal action. Maybe the new owner will step up to the plate. Meanwhile, there is something in Texas called the Texas Deceptive trade practices Act. Anyone know how to contact Empire?

--Thanks, Alan (GOSACKS)

• 1 month later...

Update.. Received my manifolds and heat risers, vendor lost my brackets. This took four years and a lot of heated letters. I paid $325.00 in shipping to ransom my parts after I had paid my order in full when I placed it. Some were my parts that I shipped prepaid to them so that copies could be made and extras sold by the vendor. Make sure you get a copy of the contract and read it very closely before doing any business with these people. I wish that magazines and club newsletters could check out the companies that advertise so that others wouldn't have to go through what I did. Hemmings has banned this company from what I've been told and I do not see any of their ad's in that book. I had to tell them that I would retract any complaints that I had made with the Better Business people and others before they would ship my parts. I didn't do this and I didn't tell them that I wouldn't warn other people about how they conduct their business. I know other have been burned by this company.

• 5 months later...

I had a customer go through a nightmare of events with this company to get his production run that he prepaid for. He eventually had to go to court to get his production run. Then it turned out that they had a product we needed so when we ordered a production run of intake manifolds that they had swore they already produced, we 'thought' we were smart by demanding a picture of the intakes, on a pallet with our name and address on it before we were to send payment. This way we figured the parts really did exist. GET THIS.... They went a step further by e-mailing us a picture of the full pallet IN THE TRAILER leaving their facility. We sent in over $6000 for the 25 intake manifolds and when the shipment arrived their were 6 neatly packaged intakes on a tiny pallet. Later on we found out that one of our competitors got their full run of 25 intakes just when we were suppose to get ours. They confirmed they paid an extra $25/each.(insert sneaky smile here) The old 'bait and switch'. e-mails, promises, missed dates followed so we just asked for them to send us a refund on the balance owed. That was July. We are now filing a civil complaint to get things started. If that doesn't work, we'll sue them in El Paso next. The only company I know that has any success with them is Ram Air Restorations Inc out of Chicago. If they want to deal with a sleeze company like that, then more power to them. In the meantime, we are finalizing plans to get the intake (as well as other strategic items they make) made elsewhere. They're going to have some competition they didn't bargain for. I guess It's the only way to get the attention of a business that has NO ethical business standards.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see all the club magazines ban this company from placing an ad. I'm not sure of how many collectors this company has cheated over the years, but we should spread the word about them and protect our club members. The BBB was powerless and this company knows that it would cost a lot of money to take them to court. It took me 4 years and a lot of letters to get part of what I was promised and more money then I was told it would cost.One of the reasons I joined the clubs was to help others and get the help I needed with my cars. So, spread the word and keep others from being burnt.

Guest imported_BaronvonR

Only a suggestion, but have you tried the Consumer Fraud Division of the local police dept.in the town where the place is located??? It has gotten better results for me in the past than the BBB. Just a thought

BvR