Window sliders & crank mechanism for 36 Dodge

Guest Rob1960

Guest Rob1960

Where is the best source to find a new or good window slider for my 36 Dodge 2-door?

My drivers side window jamed and the glass cracked, for the 2nd time in the last few months. My cranking mechanism is worn out too, but I gather those are fairly plentiful.

Any glass place should be able to cut you new glass (it is all flat glass) they will just need to source automotive grade in a gauge same as/close to original. This can then be "glued" into the channel using automotive body adhesive (usually black in colour. Make sure you re-attach the new glass into the channel the same way (remember left and right will be different) AND with the channel not squewed to one end or other. Let it sit. If yopu need new channel felts I got mine from Roberts Motor parts. The winder mechanism should also be available at swapmeets/e-bay. I replaced all the glass in my 38, makes the car look great.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pkbrown

Hey Rob, I too have a problem with my window regulator but am unable to find anything for sale. Do you have a suggestion to where I could buy them? I have a 36 dodge 4dr and understand that the 35's and Dodge trucks may also work. Please let me know. Thanks. Phil