40 coupe interior

Guest erector

Guest erector

Hello everyone, Please allow me to introduce myself. I am a 56 year old hot rod/old car enthusiast from Hartford,SD. I own too many cars, all under some form of construction. Someday I'll get some pictures to attach. I sure am enjoying this forum as there is so much info here it is amazing. Anyway the main question today (I have many more) is this. I am currently restoring a 40 business mans coupe (Buick) and about to get it painted. I found this car in a shed where it has been for 25 years. It is blue. It runs like a top. It has never had a dent or any rust. Do you think I could install an interior kit from Hampton Coach myself? I am pretty handy, have a wonderful shop with most tools. I have never done any interior work before. I don't know if I should tackle it or not. The car goes to the paint shop next week. The trim is all decent and I will use it over. This won't be a show car when I'm done, just a nice driver. I have a name of a man in Ohio who has offered to redo the gauges and steering wheel, both bad as is the interior. I got a price from an interior shop of $6,500. I can buy the kit for about $3,600. I'm just not made of money, if you know what I mean. Please just give me an opinion.

Guest imported_Thriller

Ewing on the forum installed an interior kit on his '47 Roadmaster convertible...I don't recall whether it came from Hampton or some other source (Jenkins possibly?). If I recall, his advice is that if you are handy and have patience, you should be able to get it done.