AC compressor not working

cal55

My ac compressor is not turning on and the service ac light is on. I check the fuses and they looked good, I don't think I'm getting power to the compressor. Is there another fuse or relay that I'm missing? The compressor could be bad, but I want to make sure before replacing it. Any help is appreciated. I need to buy a repair manual, but haven't yet.

Thanks,

Joe

I'm not the sharpest mechanical tool in the shed on this forum and I own an 89, which has many differences. It would appear to me that you need a re-charge, and then you much disconnect a battery terminl to allow the system to re-connect the compressor. It has been taken out of service by the system most likely because of low refrigerant.

I have to ask because of the Triumphs and your state IL, are you a member of ISOA. Great help for Triumph owners. Kind of like this forum with beer.

Thanks for the information. I tried what you said and the compressor did start, I need to recharge it, like you said. I used to belong to the ISOA, but that was years ago when I had a TR4. Sorry to hear about your TR6, hopefully no one was hurt. I have a nice TR8 for sale if you're interested.

Take Care,

Joe

Nobody was hurt in the fire, but my wife became the primary fireman and laid down the laws on Triumph. 8s are so rare that I'd think at ISOA someone might bite, particulary Joe Pawlak or Tim Buja who know the mechanicals. Look up ISOA on the web for more information if you want. Glad you got the compressor to work again. I had mine converted and have not been dissappointed. It was done by a Buick dealer and the new compressor broke and was repaired at no cost.