1930 DODGE

TRANSITONE

I have the 1930 "TRANSITONE" 109A radio ,built by AUTOMOBILE RADIO CORP, NOT PHILCO, this was OME for the 1930 DODGE my radio came out of a DODGE I'm

looking for information I don't already have ,have a fair amount now to share with others interested in this radio, would like original advertising ,production figures , promotional Items , also like to contact other owners of this set,interested in hearing of either TRANSITONE 1929 or1930 models THANK YOU

• 7 months later...

I Have 31 Dodge with a radio in it, is this the same as the 30?

I haven't gotten around to the radio but as I remenber it did HUM, no other sound.

The car has been in my family since 63 but its been in the barn since 75. I finaly got the car in June of this year.

The radio was one of my projects to tackel. I've heard that ther is a company that repairs the radios, do you have any info?

jjuntunen@sbcglobal.net

• 1 year later...

HI:I have not been to this sight in a while ,I still have my Transitone it was used in as OME for Dodge in Just 1930 Philco bought them out and then brought out the Transitone 3 for the 1931 model year if your radio hums it's not an original 1931 radio or it has a little more modern power supply installed to it all pre 1932 radios used B batterys for the B+ in 1932 motor generators came out and then in late 32 the vibrator power supply came out ,that made the huming noise, I restore vintage radios you can drop me a email at radio_29chevy@yahoo.com