coil springs for the skylark

thesnyder

I need new rear springs for my skylark (see sagging 67 skylark thread) and have found them at the following places:

Classic Buick Parts - 179.00

CARS - 175.00

Year One 150.00

Kanter 100.00

Prices are for a set of two rear coils; stock specs.

Naturally I want to buy the cheap ones. Does anybody have experience with any of these products or companies or any advice on ordering in terms of specs, stock or heavey duty? The car is stock other than gas-shocks. Thanks.

Last time I bought mine from a local auto parts place--paid about 85.00 for em. I have never heard a negative comment on Kanter so I would say order them from Kanter. Unless you tow, or load up the trunk I don't see the need for heavy duty. My last set went because the moron that was building my house took over a year and I had all kinds of tools in the trunk.

Thanks for the thumbs up on Kanter. I've gone ahead and ordered them. The cars original owner told me that he overloaded the springs in 1969 on a trip to Minnesota. After trying to get by with booster shocks he replaced the springs in 1970. 35 years on the springs doesn't seem too bad. It's the right rear that's sagging.

Thanks for the response.