Anyone Use Wheelskin Str Whl Cover?

technoweenie

If cost is any indicator, and it often is, the Wheelskin steering wheel covers appear to be a premium product. Has anyone used one on their Reatta? If so, is the specified size of AX correct to stitch over the existing wheel or does one have to remove the existing factory leather first?

I'm intrigued by their two-color option. Since a Reatta's interior already uses black as the trim accent, I was considering using Burundy for the side color to match the airbag hub and black for the top & bottom. Not factory original, I know, but possibly a nice dress-up.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Guest F14CRAZY

how about the furry ones that the majority of girls at my HS have? Or the spongebob ones.

This sounds good since it's stitched. I hate all the other "donut" ones.

I put a grey one on my 1991 Reatta last March (2004). AX is the correct size. You'll need to remove the original leather covering first. The Wheelskin doesn't fit/look as good as the original covering, but it's a lot better than the wheel without a covering. Be patient with the installation.

All I removed was the old leather cover. The underlying wheel on the 1991 is a padded, textured one that I assume was used without the leather cover on other 1991 Buicks. There are some small gaps at the wheel spokes, and the stitching is not nearly as dense as the original cover. The Wheelskin won't look like a new wheel, but it looks much better than a worn and discolored original cover.