'62 Skylark floor mats

Bluesky62

I'm new to this restoring game. I'd like to order the various floor mats for my '62 Skylark. Looking in the JCWhitney catalogue, they have a "factory authorized" set, but one comes with a logo and the other doesn't. I'm going to try and go original, but I don't know how to tell if my car came with logo'ed mats or not. Can you tell me how I can find out? Thanks!

Guest COMPACTBC

Hi David: The '62 "engineer approved accessories book" lists 3 different type of floor mats. 1. "carpet covers" 1 mat covered the entire front area from door to door.(for full size Buicks only) 2. "carpet savers" set of 2 one for each side of the front seat area, came in 2 sizes (full size series)&(Special size series). 3. "DeLuxe Handy Mats" for the back seat area set of 2 fits all Buick models. All of the above floor mats had the "original style" Buick Tri-Shield emblem embossed in the mat. cool.gif I would be VERY Surprised if J.C. Whitney would have these mats with the "original style Tri-Shield emblem on them. tongue.gif They are probably using the current modern version of the Buick Tri-Shield, which would be incorrect for your '62. shocked.gif If by chance I am wrong about this, please let me know.

Wow! Some very good information here! I wonder where I could get a copy of the "Engineered Approved Accessories Book" for my '62? I just joined the BCA and maybe when I start getting "The Bugle" I will be able to find a source for it? Thank you so much for your help on this.

Guest my3buicks

Hi David,

There are a couple on ebay right now. You will also want to pic yourself up a brochure for the Skylark - the are a bit harder to find - the brochure was Skylakr only abd the cover is either all white or all dark blue (can't remember which, the 61 Skylark brochure was one color and the 62 brochure was the other)