Any experience fixing RKE transmitters???

1992ToronadoGuy

Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone has tried to repair a non-working keyless entry remote, and how? One of mine doesn't work at all, ( the other one does )and the battery is fine.

I was going to take mine apart but for one: It seems sealed, and two: I wouldn't know what to do when I get it open. Any ideas?

Thanks.

I think the remote is truly shot, though. Before, I had to really push the buttons hard for anything to happen, then, it stopped working totally. Weird thing is that the trunk release button always worked perfectly, but has since died too. Two new batteries haven't helped. My other remote works nice. Do you think sychonizing would help? Maybe it just forgot its programming, or whatever?

the factory remotes were essentially junk anyway. you can replace them with remotes from www.remotesunlimited.com for about $60 each. the buttons are not recessed like the factory ones are, so your fingers can actually push the buttons.

if you decide to get the new ones, the remotesunlimited site will ask you for the FCC number on the back of the remote. it is very hard to read, and the FCC number is GLQ9Z61507. you will find the new remotes will have about twice the range of the old ones, too.

Mike