63 Starfire Headliner, Emblem, wheel cover restoration

RASCARS

I have wanted a 1963 Starfire since I saw them in 1963 in the Olds dealership. I was 8 years old then. Well, I finally purchased a coupe and I love it. It needs a few items(what car doesn't). I'm having trouble locating the mohair headliner. Mine is showing wear and is shedding. I also need to re-paint the Starfire emblems on the body (grill, trunk, fenders) with the red color. The wheels covers are supposed to be trimmed in Regal Mist ( a metallic burgundy)according to the data plate. The covers have been stripped of all color in the little groves. There is a man that provides a die-cut peal and stick tape for mid 60's T-birds only. I wonder if anyone exists for Olds wheels cover restoration.

I'm also having a problem finding the "C" pillar interior lenses.

Does anyone know who I can contact for any of the above items?

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can correct these items?

I appreciate any ideas any of you have.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 63 convertible since 1991. I've loved the starfire since my parents brought me home in one from the hospital when I was born!

I've seen many original coupes, and the original headliner is a foam material, which is not being reproduced as far as I know. It is extremely fragile, and I doubt that it can be removed from another car intact, so you may just have to have an upholstery shop make one up of some cloth. The emblems are easy, if yours are in good condition except for the paint. Take em off, clean/polish, then get some candy apple red spray (the kind where you need a silver base under the paint), mask, and spray directly on the area that needs to be red. I did this on the grille and trunk "stars" and it looks pretty good. As for the covers, there is a template that fits over the wheel covers and acts as a mask for the paint. Many moons ago, I borrowed one from a friend and painted a set of N.O.S. caps, but i don't know how to contact that friend any more. I'm sure you could mask them if you invested the time, but that would be too tedious for me. I hope this helps you somewhat, good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your response.

I have been finding out similar information about the headliner. A local and trusted uphostery shop told me they might be able to come close in replicating the headliner, but $$$$$.

So I will enjoy the one I have and wear a hat on windy days.

The wheel covers will be a project for hurricane season, when we Floridians sit and wait for days at a time and are bored.

Do you know anyone that has the Pre bent brake lines for a 63 Starfire?

I've contacted In Line Tube Fusick, USA ETC and have been told that they need a template. Mine have be incorrectly changed.

Happy New Year

Bob

63 Starfire

Happy New Year.