Packard ring sets on ebay

Guest Randy Berger

Guest Randy Berger

Two different vendors have Perfect Circle ring sets on ebay that they claim fit a 1956 374 cu.in. engine. The prices claimed as dealer cost vary widely. In any case jot down the Perfect Circle number S50141 for future reference.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...sspagename=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...sspagename=WDVW

Are all the various engines listed 4 1/8" bores??

YFAM, Randy Berger

Guest Randy Berger

Craig, that is good info but one vendor says dealer cost is $12.28 and

the other says $66.xx. Something doesn't sound right as they are both Perfect Circle??

YFAM, Randy Berger

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Craig, that is good info but one vendor says dealer cost is $12.28 and

the other says $66.xx. Something doesn't sound right as they are both Perfect Circle??

YFAM, Randy Berger </div></div>

Unless one PN is cast iron and the other is chromemoly or something else exotic.

Guest imported_PackardV8

Read each auction CLOSELY. One auction is for a qty of 3hree 'sets' meaning for 3hree pistons. In that auction a 'set' means enuf rings for one piston, exactly one piston and only one piston. The other auction is for a full set of 8ight. OR, thats the way i read the cards. i did not do the price comparison of 'each' vs set.

Guest Randy Berger

Keith, I knew I had to be missing something - the $12.00 one says for ONE piston. Thanks for catching it.

YFAM, Randy Berger